Current Positions Available
Experienced Graduate Accountant
Spry Roughley is an AFR Top 100 Chartered Accounting firm located in Parramatta - we have a great opportunity for an experienced Graduate Accountant.
At Spry Roughley you will:
- become a confident "all round" accountant - through varied experience and exceptional training opportunities
- enjoy challenging work across a range of service lines
- deliver high standard services to business clients
- gain valuable experience and skills
With Spry Roughley you will enjoy:
- diverse scope of work with business based clients - tax, accounting and audit
- extensive career support and training, together with being well supported as you study for the CA
- direct Partner coaching
- an approachable and collaborative culture with colleagues
- ongoing career prospects
- excellent work/life balance - honestly!
- regular and encouraging feedback on all your work
- learning opportunities for professional development.
The role needs an accountant who:
- achieved strong Uni results in a CA ANZ approved degree - a credit average or above (this is essential)
- has 1 - 2 years graduate/undergraduate experience in a business services and audit professional firm
- is studying for, or ready to commence, the CA program
- can take on challenging work & has the ability to make sound and justifiable decisions
- clearly applies technical knowledge in a competent, commercial, practical and ethical manner
- is an excellent communicator, able to move beyond the numbers to speak and write accurately, clearly and correctly
- has an active interest in extra-curricular and community activities with demonstrated high levels of self motivation and leadership experience
- has a current NSW Drivers Licence
- is an Australian citizen or Permanent Resident
If you are interested in this position, fit the role and want to work with our terrific team, submit your application to email@example.com attaching:
- A cover letter telling us why you are suited and interested in this position;
- Your CV; and
- All HSC and University transcripts (these can be incorporated into either your cover letter or CV).
Cadet & Undergraduate Accountants 2022
These positions are for students who want to commence a career in professional accounting and who are either:
- Completing the HSC in 2021 and will be commencing an accounting/commerce degree in 2022;
- Currently studying for a degree accredited by the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand.
The Program Provides
- Experience in all aspects of accounting – Tax, Accounting, Audit.
- Minimum 4 days per week paid employment during semester.
- Direct mentoring from a Manager.
- 2 days paid study leave per subject, including day of exam.
- Book allowance.
- 4 weeks annual leave.
- 5 days per week paid employment during university semester breaks (optional).
- Expectation of ATAR of 85+/ or currently have Uni results in a CA ANZ approved degree, of Credit average or above.
- A keen interest in business.
- A really good eye for seeing both detail and the "big picture"
- Good memory for the accounting knowledge you have learnt at Uni
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills together with strong interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic
- Commitment to become a Chartered Accountant
- Insightful and co-operative personality
- An active interest in extra-curricular and community activities
- Sound ability with Microsoft Office programs
- High levels of self motivation and leadership experience
- Self confidence with a can do attitude, but knowing when you need extra guidance
- An understanding of Chartered Accounting as a career choice
- Australian citizenship or permanent residence
If you are interested in one of these positions and meet the above criteria, please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org together with:
- A covering letter addressing your suitability for the position;
- Your CV; and
- All HSC and University results for all results to date including repeated and failed subjects.
When working at Spry Roughley you will enjoy:
Technical Skill Development
- Professional study support – CA & beyond
- Residential training at each level with ACATG
- Monthly technical training
- External training
- Feedback on every job
- Structured induction
- Encouragement from buddy when you start
- the support of a buddy & Coach
- Bi-annual Partner performance reviews
- Supported personal goal plans
- Opportunity to become a good all round accountant before specialisation
- Work in all areas – audit, business services & tax
- Challenging research projects